Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sesame Soy Ginger Salad

Aaaaaaaaand another summer salad! For lunch today I made the Sesame Soy Ginger Garbanzo Bean Salad I mentioned in my Things to Keep Around post. I thought I would throw together a more specific recipe while it was fresh in my head. I like the creaminess leant by the Smart Balance mayo, but I prefer the flavor of the peanut oil, so I used half and half. To sweeten, today I chose agave nectar. Also, I used a Walla Walla onion because I NEVER pass up the chance while they're in season! Still a NW girl at heart; I just happen to live Cali.


Soy Sesame Ginger
Garbanzo Bean Salad


Dressing:
1 Tblspn grated ginger
2 Tblspn soy sauce
1 Tblspn peanut oil
1 Tblspn Smart Balance mayo
1 Tblspn agave nectar


Blend ingredients together with fork. Makes 1/4 cup of dressing; just enough to top salad below.

1 can garbanzo beans, drained
2 handfuls Sweet 100 or other cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 onion, chopped
1 Tblspn toasted sesame seeds

Toss salad makings together. Add dressing and toss again. Serves two as an entree, four as a side. Toss just before serving to ensure good coating.



No comments:

Post a Comment