Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ganache

I love lip balm. You might even say I'm addicted to it. I'm always buying new kinds, sampling textures and scents. And there's nothing worse than lip balm applied to dry, sore lips that doesn't do its job. You apply and apply, and the only effect is an annoying waxy build up on top of your still dry, sore lips.

Well, the point of this little rant is to introduce one of my new favorite products, Ganache for Lips. This rich, creamy shea butter balm lives up to its decadent name. It's all natural and actually moisturizes, rather than just sitting on top of your lips doing nothing. As a bonus, it comes in luscious scents. Most are chocolate based, as the name suggests, but my personal favorite is Lemon Mousse.


Speaking of ganache, I thought I'd share another creamy, chocolatey love of mine. Here's my current favorite breakfast/post-workout snack, adapted from a recipe my Mom often blended up for me before school.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana "Milk Shake"

1 banana, in chunks
1 c light soy milk
2 T creamy all natural peanut butter (they all work great, but Smart Balance's gives the smoothest, creamiest results AND contains Omega-3's!)
2 T powdered chocolate milk mix (I use no sugar added Nesquik, or Light Chocolate VitaSoy and leave out the powder)
Small handful ice

Toss it all in the blender until smooth. Mmmmm!





No comments:

Post a Comment