Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lara Cameron

I've been a fan of Australian artist Lara Cameron's designs since Walter discovered her moo cards awhile back. Her use of color and composition immediately caught my fancy. Lara's designs have given us memorable business, greeting, and holiday cards that garner many compliments. Our love of these cards led us to discover her fun personal blog which in turn led me to her business and products, which are so great I must share them.




Lara creates whimsical patterns which she applies to textiles and stationery. Her blogs contain truly creative uses for her beautiful products, like these tissue box covers. Plus, the images of the screenprinting process she uses on her fabrics have gotten me really excited for the binding and printmaking class I begin in January.


Lara now has an online shop where you can buy items from her business, Ink & Spindle. These would make excellent gifts (just a hint I thought I'd throw out there, since my birthday IS coming up soon). If you enjoy Lara's work, be sure to check out the Ink & Spindle blog. I'm really looking forward to her 2009 releases. Here's a sneak peak of a design she calls antique keys, which she promises will be out forthwith:



1 comment:

  1. I love the polka-dot dress girlie design. How fun! Is there any chance that I have seen any of these in Seattle. Some of these are looking familiar. Perhaps I am just dreaming of beautiful prints...

    ReplyDelete