Thursday, January 20, 2011

Farmers' Market: Salmon Canapes

I made these canapes for breakfast instead of the traditional lox bagel, but they'd make a great platter for a party. Maybe for the Oscar party I'm thinking of throwing?


I spread Big Wheat Thins with low fat cream cheese, then topped them with cold smoke salmon (lox), red onion slivers, capers, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Slicing cherry tomatoes is really easy with a good, sharp tomato knife - one of my favorite wedding gifts. I used lemon pepper salmon, but if you use regular, you might want to add a dusting of fresh ground black pepper. Easy, beautiful, and tasty.



P.S. Not a fan of bagel thins. Maybe I bought the wrong flavor or brand, but blech. Flavorless with an odd, not bagely texture. I'll stick to sandwich thins, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment