Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Easy Carne Asada Tacos

Tonight I used a cheap cut of meat and a simple marinade to bring the taqueria to me.



Tequila Lime Carne Asada

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tblspn tequila
2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 tsp salt
few dashes Cholula or other hot sauce
1/2 lb. affordable steak (I used a boneless crossrib steak, but other cuts would work, too)
fresh ground black pepper

Mix together first five ingredients. Prick holes in the steak with a fork. Pour the tequila lime mixture over the steak and marinate for a 2-4 hours, turning occasionally if necessary to ensure full coverage. Preheat countertop grill to 400. Sprinkle steak with fresh ground black pepper and grill for about 5 minutes. Chop into bite sized pieces. Divide between warm taco-sized tortillas and top as desired. Pictured above with pico de gallo and guacamole. Makes 4 small tacos (or two, if you fill them with as much meat as the husband man would).

The lime and alcohol not only added great flavor, but helped make my affordable protein incredibly tender. This would also make a great filling in other favorite taqueria dishes, like quesadillas or burritos. I plan on using what was leftover after my two tacos as a topping for nachos tomorrow.

And I did it all with a few simple ingredients I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment